“ …I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody’s around- nobody big, I mean – except me. And I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff – I mean if they’re running and they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I’d do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it’s crazy, but that’s the only thing I’d really like to be. I know it’s crazy…”
J.D. Salinger – The Catcher in the Rye
• Paint a picture?
• Run a marathon?
• Write a book?
• Start up your own business?
• Take the chance on a new relationship?
• Be a better parent?
• What else?
What’s stopping you?
In answering this, consider the following:
• Is it lack of information, skills or resources? – If so, how can you get what you need? And what would be your first step?
• Are you waiting for the right time? – If so, how will you know when the time is right?
• Is there risk involved? – If so, assess that risk and ask yourself whether you are prepared to take it. Can you afford not to take it?
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”
If you, or someone you know, are ready to do something new, I can help – contact me now to find out more!